Male Moment Monday, New Years Eve Edition: The Top 10 Most Stylish Men of 2012
~Danielle of My Moments In Style
As we get ready to say goodbye to 2012, I wanted to take a look back at some of the style marks of the year with a countdown of the 10 most stylish men of 2012. These style kings really need no introduction so I’ll just dive right in to the countdown, starting with #10…
10) Trey Songz: No other man in the industry oozes as much sex appeal and titillating style as (my future baby daddy *wink*) Mr. Steal-Yo-Girl. Whether he’s rocking a tailored designer suit, a graphic tee and snapback, or just plain shirtless, Trey Songz lives up to the R&B mantra that sex sells and oh boy did he sell it well in 2012. Yessir!
9) Pusha T: G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T has been showcasing his style hand lately, dabbling in high end brands like Givenchy, En Noir, and Balenciaga just to name a few. The Virginia native MC has really flourished in the street style department, taking his designer labels and putting his own ghetto-fabulous/urban/hip hop spin to the look. I’m not quite sure if Yeezy taught him or this is Pusha T’s doing, but I’m feeling his renewed swag.
8) Big Sean: Big Sean made some major moves this year in the style department. First and foremost, the G.O.O.D Music artist snagged a sneaker deal with Adidas to create his “Detroit Player” high top kicks. If that’s not swag, I don’t know what is. He also took a few style notes from his mentor Kanye West (as did everyone else), filling his closet with those coveted Givenchy graphic tees and En Noir pieces.
7) Pharrell: Super producer, fashion designer, and all-around mega mogul Pharrell Williams has always been a fashionably exquisite gentleman so it is no wonder that he would be presented as an influential style contender in 2012. This year Pharrell has taken his dapperesque (new word alert, lol) style to another level with his appreciation for the capri-pant tuxedo suit. He has been spotted on more than one occasion this year, rocking this tailored look. On one hand, it’s a PAUSE moment, but only just a brief pause to take in all of the style glory (take a few lessons gents, be daring).
6) Jay-Z: Rapper mogul Jay-Z must have the secret to the fountain of youth because as each year goes by, Jigga appears to go backwards in age, his swag gets a little more outstanding, and the racks keep rolling in for the Niggas in Paris MC. In 2012 he had more than a few stylish moments, making us all take note that he still reigns as an influential player not only in the music business but in the style department as well.
5) Theophilus London: The Brooklyn rapper has given the industry a fresh new take on what is considered stylish in hip hop. With his inclination for the hipster type persona, Theophilus London mixes originality with classically chic ensembles while never straying away from a tailored and fitted look. I must applaud Mr. London as he dares to be different which is quite refreshing in this style age of Jordans and designer label shout outs.
4) 2Chainz: 2012 was definitely the year of Tity Boi aka 2Chainz. With his colossal hit album and trendy catch-phrases (Truuu), 2Chainz didn’t just give us an endless list of songs to get ratchet to, he also revamped a classic hip-hop style with his vintage gold pieces and designer labels. Living up to his name, 2Chainz was continuously snapped wearing gold chains adorned with medallions encrusted with designer labels and accessories alike, including Chanel, Versace, and YSL (“YSL belt buckle, y’all n****s sho is lookin”). Like most rappers in 2012, 2Chainz succumbed to the Givenchy and Balenciaga craze, but being the style maker that he is, he put his own spin on the saturated look.
3) Chris Brown: While juggling two boos for the last quarter of the year and what seems like an endless number of debates and quarrels about his bad boy ways, Chris Brown has managed to keep one thing consistently on the up and up in 2012—his style. The R&B/Pop crooner dared to be different, embracing eccentric fashion wears while also debuting his own clothing line and even signing to the prestige Wilhemnia modeling agency. In spite of everything else, I must say 2012 was quite the fashionable and statement-making year for C. Breezy.
2) Kanye West: There are two words to define the power of Kanye’s style influence for the 2012 year and those words being Givenchy and leather. The Euro-religious symbolism and snarling animal clad t-shirt craze was brought to the forefront of popularity by Mr. West as he was snapped countlessly throughout the year draped in Givenchy pieces. And being the trendsetter that he is, Kanye also made baggy leather pants popular by way of fashion house En Noir. Other style marks for the rapper and fashion connoisseur during 2012 include: turning Kim Kardashian into his personal mannequin, performing in leather kilts worn with oversized tees, Air Yeezy 2 frenzy, fur coats with sweats, and his collaboration with shoe designer Giuseppe Zanotti to create the “Cruel Summer” shoe. I must say, Yeezy taught us all a good deal in 2012.
1) A$AP Rocky: There is no way you can have a 2012 most stylish list and not include dat pretty motherfucker himself, ASAP Rocky. ASAP Rocky breathed a fresh breath of style air into the music industry in 2012 with his simply stated fashion sense that created a hip-hop-hipster-swag movement. The Harlem based rapper even showed us his fashionably creative side, collaborating with online retailer Karmaloop for a limited edition collection. From those plaited braids and gold fronts to his not so subtle designer label shout-outs, this was definitely the year of the pretty motherfucker.
Total Views 859